Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Attempt #2: SoBe Primed and Proper.

Due to the helpful email response from Lex (of SoBe Botanicals) after my first experience (chronicled here) using the Primed and Proper eyelid primer--yesterday I tried it again, but this time I used much less product.


After putting this on one finger, I just rubbed my two index fingers together and applied the product evenly on each eyelid (up to the brow) and down around the ducts and lower lash line. A little goes a LONG way, trust me!!

In order to get qualitative results I did two different eyes (one eye with MSC pigments and the other with the SoBe samples that I was sent with my order). Both had the same base (NYX eyeshadow base in White) applied over the primer and under the pigments. I photographed both eyes at three various times in the evening. I have to say, I am quite pleased with the results.

Using my two unnamed SoBe pigments:
(Edit (7:13pm): Lex let me know that the two pigments are "One of a Kind." She creates pigments (that aren't on the website) to send out in packages. Sometimes these are sneak peeks into new colours that will be posted on the site, and sometimes they're just a colour she mixed together. Neat!)

(What a terrible swatch picture. I have awful luck trying to get swatches to come out properly! I will practice with this!!)

I created this look:


I applied the light/soft pink to my lid (from the ducts all the way to the outside corner of my eyelid) with a flat eyeshadow brush. Then I applied the mauve colour in the crease/orbital bone with a fluffy blender brush. You can see that even after 7 hours--the product still looks pretty good! Yay for that!!

For the MSC eye, I did this:

I used Princess Buttah Cup in the inner eyelid (applied with a flat eyeshadow brush). Then Radar Love was applied with the same brush to the rest of the lid. I used a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply She-Bop to the outer "V" area of my eye and pressed some Dazzle Dust on top of the She-Bop with the same fluffy eyeshadow brush. Mr. Roboto was used in the ducts and as a brow highlight (I think I used a pencil brush to apply to my ducts and fluffy blender brush to apply it to my brow). Glitter Bitches became my eyeliner (applied wet with my go-to eyeliner brush: a size 00 Galeria Winsor & Newton artist brush--then I used an angled eyeliner brush to press some dry pigment). Just like with the SoBe eye, my primer stood up to the 7 hours underneath my MSC piggies. Woo!!

I am BEYOND thrilled to have a found a product that works for me!!! For any vegans out there (or for anyone who prefers to keep animal products out of their cosmetics) curious about what to use, SoBe's Primed and Proper has my stamp of approval!!

Edit (05/21/2011): As I have said in the comments on this blog--I have NEVER been able to successfully recreate the results that I achieved during this test. -sigh- I don't know what it is. For a consistent product, Primed and Proper has not delivered (for me). If you know of any trips/tricks, I would LOVE to hear them. Today I played around with using it as a lip primer under some OCC Lip Tars--I'm not too sure how well it's worked, but the Lip Tar has stuck around pretty well so far!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Soo glad you got it to work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Anneliese. Unfortunately, I have *never* been able to get P & P to work quite as well for me as it did on this day! Some days I can get it work pretty well, but others...not so well. It's definitely tricky to get a hang of. If you master it, I'd love to know what your system is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relieved to see these results! I just got my P&P and used it today, and i had some unexpected creasing and fading! I'm certain now that I used too much. Tomorrow I'll try it again and hope for much better results! I've seen nothing but GUSHING over this product so I reallyreally want it to work!

    ReplyDelete