Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

EOTD: Madd Style Cosmetics "Sunshiney Bright"

Yesterday, on the Madd Style Cosmetics facebook fanpage, the lovely Tarra asked if anyone had swatched or used the newer Penny Arcade. As she posted that, I was making a crazy spreadsheet database of all of my MSC colors and had just thought to myself: "Self! You should do something with Penny Arcade today!". Clearly I was meant to play with some yellow.

Penny Arcade is described as "a shimmery canary yellow with purple glitter". It is the brightest MSC yellow that I own so far--the only one that I don't have yet is Pop Tarte (which I've been hesitant to buy because I already have a matte yellow from another brand) and by the looks of the website pictures, Pop Tarte is brighter--but Penny Arcade is flipping gorgeous!!

Here is a close up just of Penny Arcade:

Isn't that purple glitter NEAT?!

The look I put together looked like this:


Products used:
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Skin: Primer mixed with MSC Awesome Sauce as a primer.
  • NYX Eyeshadow Base in "White" applied over the primer as a base.
  • Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil in "Yeyo" applied to the lower lash line and on the waterline.
  • MSC Penny Arcade on the lid.
  • MSC Thunder Snow as a brow highlight and to blend out Penny Arcade.
  • MSC Phantasm applied to lower lash line (over the UD pencil).
  • MSC Karma (which was a limited edition colour--but I bet the new Kozmosis would look killer in its place) applied to the water line (over the UD pencil).
  • Urban Decay's Ink for Eyes in "Zero" as upper lid liner.
  • Barry M "Intense Black" Mascara 3 in 1 as mascara applied to upper and lower lashes.
Hope you like it! :)

2 comments: