The other night I actually "went out"! Yes, I put makeup on my face and actually left the house. (Sometimes I do wear makeup to work, but more often than not my quality time spent with makeup is in the evenings, before bed. This means the makeup usually isn't seen by anyone other than my husband. Well, and you know...the internet...) My plan for this latest excursion was to do a traditional black smoky eye, with a colourful crease.
This is what I came up with:
Ideally I would have applied some falsies so that my lashes didn't get so lost in all of the black, but I ran out of time. As a concession, I attempted to actually layer on a couple coats of mascara!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurace
- Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in "Zero" as a black base on the lid, to line the lower lash line, and to line the waterline
- Sugarpill's Bulletproof (a freakin' amazing black. Holy smokes. This was my first time trying it out in a bold "black" look. I was super impressed with it!) applied to the lid and lower lash line and to set the waterline
- Madd Style Cosmetics Sugarplum applied to the crease and to blend out the Bulletproof on the lower lash line
- Madd Style Cosmetics Xray Spex to blend out the Sugarplum and to highlight the brow/duct area
- Milan's Power Lash for first coat of mascara
- Gabriel Color mascara in "Black" for second coat