Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Madd Style Cosmetics: Girl with Hellcat!

Hi All!

Recently I got a new Madd Style Cosmetics colour in the mail and I was pretty much dying to try it out.  You know me and my love affair with black pigments...well...Hellcat lived up to my expectations, that's for sure!  I also wanted to use it in such a way that it wouldn't turn the whole look overly "smoky".  You'll notice to accomplish this I didn't blend the black into the entire crease, I kept it located to the outer corner of my eye.  This might be a good way to start out playing with blacks if you're not too sure how to go about it.

Here's the look I came up with:


If you'd like to find out how this look came to be, then please keep on reading/watching (yep!  It's another "talkie"!!).

To begin, here's a recap of the supplies you will see me use in the tutorial:

Left to right: Madd Style Cosmetics "Pop N Lock" base; Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in "Yeyo" (I also used "Zero" to tightline my upper waterline for the photos, so you won't see me use it in the tutorial); Madd Syle Cosmetics "Optimus Primer"; Gabriel Color Mascara in "Black"; Madd Style Cosmetics pigments (clockwise from top left): Girl with the Most Cake, Hellcat, The Zed Word, and Birfday Suit; Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Shader brush; Alima Pure Pointed Crease brush and Eye Blending brush; OCC Slanted Shader brush; Sephora "Smokey Eye" brush; 00 sized paint brush; Lush Cosmetics Gel Liner in "Independent"; Too Faced Cosmetics "Chocolate Soleil" bronzer.)

And on to the tutorial!!

Yes...the top of my head gets cut off in the video.  Oopsies!  I'll get it right next time!!  :)


My camera was misbehaving (I was messing around with settings a few nights ago and couldn't figure out how to get it back to how it should be), but I did manage to get a few okay pics!  

Taken with flash!

This is taken in "natural" (fading!) light.

As always, I hope you found this tutorial useful.  If you have any requests for future looks you'd like to see me try out or specific colours you'd like to see me use, please let me know.  

Thanks as always for dropping by.  :) 


2 comments:

  1. You're so gosh darn pretty, and I love pink with your eyeballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, shucks. Thank you, Beth! :)

    ReplyDelete