Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

My latest MTCoffinz package!

Hi!!

A couple of weeks back, MTCoffinz posted on their FB page that an unheard of sale would be happening on their pressed shadows.  Due to an order amount mix-up, they were offering a BOGO (buy-one-get-one)!!  I knew this meant I had to stock up on some of the ones I had been lusting after for quite some time. I also took this as an opportunity to get a friend of mine into their cosmetics as well.  We went in on an order together and I ended up with 7 new shadows.  Woo!

Truth be told, I have A LOT of eye shadow.  However, what I don't have is A LOT of pressed eye shadows.  This is one of the main reasons I was so excited about this sale--I much prefer traveling with my pressed eye shadows, for example, and so rounding out my MTCoffinz collection was a must do, as far as I was concerned!  :)

Here are the colours that I picked up this time around:

Malevolent.  A medium toned metallic silver.

Acid Reign.  A yellow-toned green with a golden shimmer.

Rumor.  A dark fuchsia pink.

Medusa.  A dark green with light green shimmer.

Vexed.  A blackened red.
 

Tantrum.  A shimmery golden copper.

Wired.  A shimmery chocolate brown.

 Here they all are swatched in natural light.  I swatched them over MTCoffinz's "Under the Rainbow" eye shadow primer.  The order from left to right: Malevolent, Acid Reign, Rumor, Vexed, Medusa, Tantrum and Wired.

And here they are swatched with a bit of flash to show off the shimmeryness that is present in most of them!

For the most part, these performed very well.  They were soft and applied evenly to the skin.  Stand-outs as best/easiest to apply were: Malevolent, Tantrum and Wired.  The only colour that gave me an issue was Medusa (as I think you can tell from the swatch).  These were all swatched using the same brush (that I cleaned off between colours) but when I tried to pick up Medusa I noticed (as I have with some of MTCoffinz's other dark shadows) that it was very "hard" to the touch and the brush wasn't able to pick much colour up.  I tried scratching away a top layer to see if a crust had formed (or something like that), but it didn't seem to help much with the application of the colour.

In the end, I am very happy with my order and the colours that I received.  I would recommend using a very "stiff" brush when working with MTCoffinz's darker colour as that might make it easier to pick the colour up.

Thanks, as always, for dropping by!  What do you think of the colours I picked up?  Do any of them stand out for you?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment