Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Madd Style Cosmetics: Face of Boe Smoky Eye

Hi All!

This tutorial is formatted a bit differently so that I could share it on Reddit (I'm a new addict of the MakeupAddiction subreddit and when I posted this look last week one of the commenters requested a tutorial for it).

If you'd like to know how I achieved this look...


Then take a look here: Brown Smoky Tutorial - Imgur

And for a recap, here is what I used on the eyes:

Milani Power Lash mascara, Gabriel Colour Mascara, The All Natural Face Black Eyeshadow Primer, Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil in "Zero", Pure Fusion Eyeshadow Primer, Madd Style Cosmetics piggies (clockwise from top left): Face of Boe, Up In Smoke Black (but you could use "The Silence"), Dirty Chai, Psychic Paper and Birfday Suit.  And then a bunnnnch of brushes!
I hope you like the tutorial and please let me know if you have any additional questions.  And as always, if there are any particular Madd Style Cosmetics colours you'd like to see me use in my next tutorial, let me know!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial. I really like this look, and the Face of Boe is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! :)

    Isn't Face of Boe just marvelous??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to copy this look today but it turned out really messy. I'm really not any good with blending- I seem to smudge everything everywhere, whereas your final eye is nice and contained. Can you offer any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tips tips! Let me think.


    When you're blending that dark colour, I would suggest trying to *only* blend the edge. Apply the colour to where you want it and then try to diffuse out the edge without pushing any of that dark colour around. Was that something you were trying to do or perhaps not? I just wanted to check before I try to think of another tip. :) Using clean brushes for blending should also help because that way you're not picking up/pushing around any more colour, you're just blending. But perhaps you were trying that too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I did smear around the dark brown too much, so your tips helped. I used a lighter touch with the blending brush. I tried again with Torchwood on the lid, Face of Boe on the outer corner, and K9 on the crease. It turned out nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! And I bet once you get the hang of blending even more you'll be able to do full-out Face of Boe on the lid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I post a request for your next tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You most certainly can!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently got the MSC Labyrinth grab bag, and as gorgeous as all the colors are, I've barely used it. I have lots of bright blues, greens, and purples, even reds, in my makeup drawers. Can you do a look using a bright pop of color on a neutral background?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes yes! I definitely can! I actually just filmed a tutorial this afternoon (going up tomorrow) that uses two of the "neutral colours of that collection (The Masquerade and Ludo, Friend!) with a purple (and a brown). :) But I'll try to do one next using the blue or the purple from that collection as the pop of colour!


    Thank you so much for the request!!

    ReplyDelete